A call came to my home with the caller identifying herself as a WCA home security system representative.I asked for a call back number, and was not given one.

She continued to evade questions regarding the company she supposedly was representing, and was inquiring about my information. After about three minutes on the line and establishing that she did not know who I was she was soliciting business in direct violation of the do not call rules and regulations. I was met with an abrupt hang-up. For a supposed security system company, they will not give out any information regarding their business, and they break the law by violating the do not call list.

PLEASE--IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE EVEN REMOTELY CONSIDERING THIS COMPANY, BEWARE.

THEY PROVED TO ME IN LESS THAN 3 MINUTES THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED WITH ANYTHING, LET ALONE PROVIDING AN IN HOME SECURITY SYSTEM.I just hope someone can benefit from the phone call I just finished.

Had an Experience with WCA?

Comments

all you can say is no, dont make a big deal out of it , its just a phone call, dont even cuss at the reps , you will still be called.

WCA calls me constantly to inform me of all sorts of things... and I normally hang up after I hear a recording and their name.

They call with the number 408-201-9458, but I think they have used other numbers too.

I re-registered on the do not call list nearly two months ago, and out of the blue I started receiving calls from WCA on a daily basis. The one time I answered the call, it was a recording telling me I had "won" something. This is really quite frustrating, as the whole reason I even bothered with the DNC registry was to avoid these sorts of calls.

I have been getting these calls for months, up to 8 times in one day on many occasions.Since they were repeatedly and obnoxiously rude I started repeatedly calling back the numbers on my caller ID.

They would pick up and hang up on me until finally I got a recording to opt out my number.

New calls have began with a different message and when I called back they "recognized my number as one of their subscribers".I opted out again, but I get the impression they are getting your phone number when you sign up for something and another party is selling your information.

I just received a simialr call, but mine was a recorded message that told me i had "won" a free home security system.I was then prompted (3 times, back to back) to press 1 to speak with a representative.

I have been on the National DNC list since 2007 and should not have been contacted by this company.Sounds like a scam to me..